Google In Education - offers 30 minute sessions at their booth - http://www.google.com/edu/events/iste2012/
Chromebooks with Hapara Teacher Dashboard - www.hapara.com/chrome
Brainpop is an outstanding product that helps engage both young and older learners with curriculum topics and goals. Don't tell me it is expensive - it is valuable. Of all the "subscriptions" I have experienced in education - this is one that not only directly impacts students - it gets used often by students, teachers, special education/support staff and even parents! You can also get the app in the App Store for iPod, iPhone, and iPad as well as in the Chrome Web Store. www.brainpop.com
iPad Cases -
- Gumdropcases.com - Nice protective cases for young hands! (I like this one)
- Tridentcase.com - Heavy duty protection but a little clunky to work with.
- MedgeStore.com - Supershell iPad case - most requested by our K4 teachers.
iPad Apps -
- www.nearpod.com Synchronized use of ipads in the classroom to create engaging multimedia & interactive lessons!
- www.brainparade.com - Improve the learning experience for children with autism and otheer developmental challenges. Powerful, portable, flexible, simple, intuitive, and KIDS LOVE IT!
- www.dexteria.net - Family of developmental skill building Apps. LetterReflex (overcome letter reversals), Dexteria (improve fine motor skills) and P.O.V. (develop spacial reasoning skills.)
Global Access to Knowledge of Life on Earth- Encyclopedia of Life - www.eol.org
- Brain Hive - eBooks on Demand for K12 Libraries - www.brainhive.com
- Online Resources for Reading Enthusiasm - www.teachingbooks.net
- One More Story- online library: read, hear, see - www.onemorestory.com
PD for Common Core & More! - www.pbsteacherline.org
- Improve your instruction skill sand master new content!
- Flexible, affordable, convenient
- High quality, relevant and diverse course content
- Aligned to local and national standards
- Opportunity to earn Graduate Credit or CEU's.
- If you live in NH - www.vlacs.org
- National University Virtual High School - www.nuvhs.org
- National University www.nu.edu
Ok, now I have emptied the bag of fragmented materials that I brought home. I do have a comprehensive list of iPad Apps for High School Special Ed.. I will share in my next post!